Jehovah Is a Gracious Giver – Week One (Lorain Campus)
Getting Ready for Christmas
“Jehovah Is a Gracious Giver”
God’s grace is a gift greater than any thing we could ever receive at Christmastime.
Elizabeth & Zechariah receive from Jehovah, the gracious gifts of:
• A promise fulfilled
• A name
The greatest gracious Gift God has given is the sending of His one and only son, Jesus as our atoning sacrifice for whom John was going to prepare the way:
“Here he is, God’s Passover Lamb! He forgives the sins of the world!” John 1:29 (MSG)
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered
- Begin Life Group with prayer – invite the Holy Spirit to speak and move among you.
- Ice breaker: What was the best gift you most remember getting on Christmas from your childhood? What made it so special?
- As you reflect on the last series “Promises that changed the world” what promises do you recall hearing that mean the most to you and why? Look back in your notes or on the website, it’s ok!
- Share a moment in your life when God gave you the gift of time (waiting) but at the time it felt like anything but a gift!
- Have you ever been at odds with family & friends like Zechariah & Elizabeth experienced? What happened? Did your “No” stand or did you give way to the group’s opinions? Why?
- Read Joshua 1:8-9 aloud. As God encourages Joshua to take up the leadership after Moses’ departure, He gives some commands and a promise. What are they? How does this moment in Joshua’s life relate to Z & E’s journey and to yours?
- Finally, close your time in prayer together. Where do you need strength, courage, determination to say ‘no’ to people and ‘yes’ to God? Recall from our weekly devos James 5:13-16 before you pray.