Each of Us – Week Two (Lorain Campus)
Adventure of Trust
“Each of Us”
1 Peter 4:10
Each of us includes you
- by grace
- Justified and righteous in the sight of God
- Qualified at the time we put our trust in Jesus
Each of us possess God’s gift right now, today, in this moment
- The gift you have received, it’s purpose is not for you
- Serving others means you are “doing something primarily for the benefit of another person”
Each of us should
- exercise the gift given to you
- because Jesus is coming soon
Each of us must serve
- As a steward of God’s grace
You are qualified:
- to exercise your gift
- to emphasize others
- to maximize your faith
- In order to glorify God
Core CHRIST-like Characteristics: Heart of Worship, Relates with others center, Trustworthy Steward of God’s resources.
- Check in: How has God been using your devotional time?
- Icebreaker: If you had an extra 24 hours every 24 hours, how would you spend it?
- How are you serving?
If you had your choice, where would you like to serve?
- Have you taken the Spiritual Gifts survey?
What did you learn about yourself?
- Are you serving out of how God has SHAPEd you?
- How do you know when you are stewarding your spiritual gifts well?
- Looking at the mock time planning form, what seems to be out of balance?
Are there better ways this person could use his/her time?
- Are you more at risk of becoming spiritually overweight (by living as a consumer), or spiritually faint (by getting burned out)?
- What is the biggest barrier in your life that keeps you from serving?