When Jesus Flipped - Week One
“When Jesus Flipped”
- Jesus flipped the understanding of being blessed.
- He flipped the understanding of Messiah.
- He flipped the understanding of the Kingdom of God.
- Jesus flipped the perception of being poor.
The blessing of being poor:
- more likely to see their need
- more likely to seek God
- more likely to depend on God
- more likely to receive the Kingdom of God
The temptation of the poor is to pursue riches instead of God.
- Jesus flipped the perspective on being rich.
The hazard of being rich:
- more inclined to be blind to their need
- more inclined to ignore God
- more inclined to trust in money
- more inclined to miss the kingdom of God
- more inclined to root identity in their riches
The temptation of the rich is to trust in riches instead of God.
- Jesus flipped the perspective on the cross.
- A curse became a blessing.
- An instrument of death became the pathway to life.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered