Pursuing a God-centered Life - Week Three
Discipling the Next Generation
“Pursuing a God-centered Life”
If someone is going to live a God-centered life, they must be taught to do so.
Jesus’ parents modeled a commitment to raise their son to live God-centered.
God’s Plan to parent/train Israel to live God-centered lives:
- Scripture- Instructions for a God-centered life
- Loving discipline to train God-centered lives
- Customs & ceremonies that emphasize a God-centered life
- Prayers to develop a God-centered life
- Physical centrality of the Tabernacle
- Feasts and Festivals celebrating God’s blessings
- Daily practices to keep God central
A Plan for today to parent/train your children to live God-centered lives:
- Reading and teaching the Bible
- Loving and appropriate discipline
- Meaningful customs & ceremonies
- Build prayer into the day
- Participate in weekly Church services
- Special events and meals
- Daily practices and discussion
Incorporating discussion about God and His love into the daily life of your family lays a great foundation to live God-centered lives.