A Relationship of Trust – Week One
Adventure of Trust
“A Relationship of Trust”
God is arranging life to teach us to trust him.
- God Wants Us to Come to Him
- With Honesty
- With Trust
- God Wants Us to Give to Him
- Our lives: Because we are made in His image
- All we have: Because everything belongs to Him
- Our money: Because money always involves trust
- God Wants Us to Trust in Him
- God is the Trustworthy Owner
- We are to be Trustworthy Stewards
- The Adventure of Trust is the process of becoming a Trustworthy Steward.
- Learning to be a trustworthy steward is part of learning to be more like Jesus: stewardship is a discipleship issue!
- God entrusts us in order to teach us to trust.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered
- Check in: How has God been using your devotional time?
- Icebreaker: Who in your life would you absolutely trust to catch you in a trust fall? Who wouldn’t you trust?
- Have you ever borrowed something and were embarrassed about how you used it when you gave it back?
Or, have you ever felt particularly good about an item you returned?
- Why do we find it difficult to trust God?
- What does it mean that God has made us to trust?
How do you see this principle at work in your life?
- What are some things that God owns that are hard to let Him have?
- If someone looked at your finances, what would they conclude about your view of God?
- Is there anything holding you back from giving your heart completely to God?