Momentum - Week Three (Lorain Campus)
Learning to Breathe
What does Luke mean by power?
Power is not something we take hold of, rather, it takes hold of us
We exist within a heavenly power struggle
Witnessing the Spirit’s power:
- Israel - Exodus 14:8
- David - 1 Sam. 16:13
- Ezekiel - Ezekiel 1:3; 2:1-2
- Jesus - Luke 4:14 | John 1:19-4:45
- The Church - Acts 2:1-2
- You - 2 Timothy 3:5 | Ephesians 3:14-21
- Source | pray | trust | root | love | fullness ⇨ power
- Surrender in each moment leads to Spirit initiated momentum
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Begin Life Group with prayer - invite the Holy Spirit to speak and move among you.
- When you first heard the topic of “power” in the sermon and text, what was or is the first thing that comes to mind? What images, statements, people or movements come to mind when you hear the word “power”?
- Compare and contrast the power of God and the power of the devil. Acts 10:38 describes 2 powers at work in the life of Jesus - how are these 2 powers still at war in our lives?
- Describe a moment in your life when you experienced the power of God’s Spirit take hold of you. Did that moment lead to momentum of the Spirit’s work in your life? Why / why not?
- In observing the Spirit’s power today, which person/people do relate most to and why - Israel, David, Ezekiel, Jesus, the Church?
- Review Ephesians 3:14-21. Discuss where you struggle in regards to surrender and pray for each other to be able to submit to the power of God and reject the power of the enemy.
Core CHRIST-like Characteristics: Connected to God through the Word and prayer, Spirit-led servant, Trustworthy Steward of God’s resources.