The Golden Rule - Week Three (Vermilion Campus)
Expanding Your Circle of Love
“The Golden Rule”
LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- What is something you took away from todays message? How did God convict you through His word?
- Read Matt. 7:12. Jesus said the law and prophets are “summed up” by the golden rule. What does this mean? How should this effect our lives as followers?
- What is something you experienced from a teacher, pastor, parent, friend that you vowed to treat others differently when you grew up? How has that played out?
- What is a memorable experience when someone treated you the way you wanted to be treated?
- In the past 3 weeks Jesus has commanded us to 1) love our enemies. 2) turn the other cheek and 3) do unto others as we would have done unto us. How seriously have you applied these? What has changed in your life?
- Jesus is clear that the golden rule expands well beyond those who love us/ are good to us. Who is a person/people group you struggle to treat as you want to be treated? What will you do to follow Jesus immediately?
CHRISTlike CHARACTERISTIC: Relates with Other-Centered Love