The Fullness of The Spirit and The Power Of The Spirit For WHAT? - Week Three (Elyria Campus)
Learning to Breathe
The Fullness of The Spirit and The Power Of The Spirit
Luke 4:14, 18-19
Introduction: Why does it even matter?
- To live and grow in the nature, likeness of Christ
Romans 8: 5 - 17, Galatians 5: 13 -26, Ephesians 5:15-20
- To be led by the Spirit
Luke 4: 1, Romans 8: 5 - 17, Galatians 5: 13 -26, Ephesians 5:15-20
Two things being led by the Spirit doesn’t mean:
It means what we are “full of” is what’s going to influence us, direct us, lead us.
How Do We Do This?
- We have to want to be full of the Spirit
- We have to have regular rhythms and practices for filling up
- We have to practice in the moment
- To serve in the power of the Spirit
Luke 4:14, 18-9, Acts 1: 1 - 8, Acts 2 and following
He gives us the fullness of the Spirit so that we can declare and demonstrate the kingdom of God in the power of the Spirit.
Why do we often shy away from the power of the Spirit?
- Fear of the unfamiliar
- Fear of flakiness and fanaticism
Conclusion: A point of Clarity and a heartfelt Challenge