The Birth of John the Baptist – Week One
Getting Ready for Christmas
“The Birth of John the Baptist”
Why is Zechariah’s mouth only opened after he confirms John’s name? God wants to teach him about faith and trust!
In the midst of difficulty:
Don’t ask why? Rather, ask what?
Don’t waste an opportunity to grow your faith!
Why the name John?
Zechariah = God remembers.
Elizabeth = God promises.
John = Grace and Mercy.
What legacy will you leave behind?
The response to the birth of John? Joy & Curiosity!!!
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered
- Icebreaker: What is your favorite part about getting ready for Christmas?
- Agree or Disagree: Sometimes God creates difficult situations in order to grow our faith in Him.
- Be honest: Do you tend to learn more from success and comfort, or from failure and difficulty? Why do you think that is?
- Read James 1:2-4. Have difficult situations had this kind of impact on your faith?
- Spent a moment taking an internal inventory: Have you given up hope in Jesus’ return? What role does anticipating Jesus play in your life?
- Do you live your life with the joy and curiosity of seeing God at work? Why or why not?