Adventure of Trust
“The Adventure of Giving Like Jesus”
2 Corinthians 8:1-9
Giving is a discipleship issue.
Disciples of Jesus who give like Jesus are:
- Motivated by grace
- Not by duty
- Giving as stewards of God’s resources
- Not as owners of their own resources
- Filled with joy
- Not with regret
- Focused on serving others
- Not serving themselves
- Driven by love
- Not by pressure
- Surrendered to God
- Living surrendered is living in a perpetual “Lord, I give you my heart; have your way in me” mindset
- Living the Adventure!
- Living surrendered is the only way to live in the Adventure of Trust
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered
- Check in: How has God been using your devotional time?
- Icebreaker: What is the best gift you’ve ever given?
- What one word would you use to describe your giving?
- What blessing is there in giving?
How have you experienced this blessing in your own life?
- What’s the difference between giving more than you can afford and spending more than you can afford?
- How do you define generosity?
How does that compare with how God defines it?
(Check out Luke 21:1-4 for Jesus’ definition.)
- What would you say is your main motivation for giving?
- How do you know when to give?
- Looking at the mock planning form, what (if anything) seems to be out of balance?
- What would you tell this family to help them use, save and enjoy their money better?