Taking your Next Step in the Journey of Discipleship - Week One
What’s Your Next Step?
“Taking your Next Step in the Journey of Discipleship”
Every journey begins with one step, but no journey is complete in one step.
Everyone has a next step.
Why Jesus called his disciples into a group as their next step:
- Groups are the best place to make disciples.
- Groups are the best place to help us grow in Christ.
- Beginning in Christ
- Young in Christ
- Maturing in Christ
- Reproducing in Christ
- Groups are the best place to support us as we grow.
- Test and confirm what I am learning.
- Receive encouragement in taking my next step.
- Learn to put the Bible into practice in my daily life.
- Learn to give and receive love.
- Groups are the best place to help us grow with others.
- How we are different from each other.
- Different Backgrounds
- Different Temperaments
- Different Perspectives
- Different Opinions
We harmonize what’s different when we emphasize what’s the same.
- How we are the same as each other.
- Same Call: Come to Christ
- Same Vision: Become Like Christ
- Same Lord: Jesus Christ is Lord
- Same Purpose: Be With/Be Sent by Christ
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Intentional Evangelism/Loving People