Jesus’ Soundtracks - Week Two
Exploring what Jesus asks people: “Why are you thinking these things in your heart?”
- The heart is where we believe.
- The heart is where our Belief System Everything you do flows from it.
- Our Belief System is what we believe about God, our self, other people and the
- Our Belief System influences our Soundtracks (the things we tell ourselves), which influences our behavior.
- Our Belief System can help us see truth or blind us from seeing truth.
Celebrating what Jesus believes about people: What we believe about people affects how we treat people.
- Jesus sees people others avoid.
- Jesus sees every person as valuable.
- Jesus believes people can follow Him and calls them to do so.
- Jesus accepts people and helps them feel they belong.
- Jesus knows people are infected by sin.
- Jesus calls people to repentance.
- Changing what we believe about God and ourselves is the beginning of following Jesus.
Following what Jesus believes about people: Changing to Jesus’ soundtrack.
- What soundtracks am I listening to about myself?
- What soundtracks am I listening to about people?
- Will I follow Jesus in how I view and treat people?