How’s your heart? - Week Five
“How’s your heart?”
- Symptoms of a Shriveled Heart
- Ignoring hurting people
- Lack of compassion
- Looking to accuse
- Judgmental mindset
- Negative talk about others
- Picture of a Compassionate Heart
- Looking to help
- Willing to provoke
- Acting to restore and heal
- Traits of a Trusting Heart
How’s your heart?
- Is it shriveled and stubborn?
- Is it compassionate and responsive?
- Is it trusting and surrendered?
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- What would you say is your typical mindset when you come to church? What are you thinking or expecting?
- Do you notice any of the “symptoms of a shriveled heart” in your life? Which ones?
- What do you think about Jesus’ deliberate provoking behavior in this story?
- When is it right for us to provoke another like that?
- Read Mark’s version of this story in Mark 3:1-6. Notice the similarities and the differences to Luke’s version. Then discuss Mark 3:5. What do you think about Jesus getting angry?
- How did you answer the closing question of the sermon: “how’s your heart?”
- Pray Psalm 139:23,24 and ask God to show you if you have symptoms of a “shriveled heart.”
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People