Greatest Fight of All Time - Week One
Fighting for Your Life
“Greatest Fight of All Time”
- The Reality of Temptation
- Temptations were real for Jesus, so he knows how it feels and is able to help.
- Temptation is not sin; giving in is.
- Temptation is a fight for your life
- You’re not fighting to get or keep eternal life
- You’re fighting the attack on abundant life
- The Purpose of Temptation
- Satan’s purpose: He tempts us to defeat us, discourage us, destroy our walk with God
- God’s purpose: He tests us to prepare us, deepen us, strengthen our walk with Him
- Every temptation is a test of our trust in God.
- Every temptation is an opportunity to grow stronger in God.
- The Setting of Temptation
- Wilderness times: Often when we are depleted or isolated
- Exciting times: coming off an exhilarating
- The Effects of Temptation
In every temptation you strengthen or weaken:
- Your intimacy with God
- Your trust in God
- Your ability to fight
- The Defeat of Temptation
- The Word of God
- The Spirit of God