God’s Greatest Promise – Week Three
The Promises that Changed the World
“God’s Greatest Promise”
The greatest promise ever given was to the least likely person.
• A nobody from no-name parents from a ton in the middle of nowhere.
• We honor Mary for her role and her response not her righteousness.
What is God’s greatest promise?
The greatest promise ever given required a virgin birth.
• Confirms Jesus’ heavenly origin
• signifies Jesus’ sinless nature
• qualifies Jesus to be the perfect sacrifice
What are God’s promises about?
• His gracious work to save people through Jesus
How do God’s promises work ?
• God graces us
• God is with us
• God’s Spirit will bring it to pass
• God is faithful to His promises
How do we respond to God’s promises?
• Believe that God is With you
• Surrender to His Will for you
• trust in His Word to you
• Cooperate with His Work in you
God’s greatest promise calls for our greatest trust .
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered
- Icebreaker: How many generations of people in your family can you name?
- What should we do when God’s promises seem hard or impossible to believe?
- Are there any promises of God that you struggle to believe?
- How can we learn from Mary’s response to God’s promises in Luke 1:26-38?
- Before we are anything else, we are to be “servants of God.” What difference should this make in our lives?
- Which response to God’s promises do you need to step into this week? (Believe, Surrender, Trust, Cooperate.)