Break My Heart - Week Three (Avon Lake Campus)
“Break My Heart”
Luke 6:21b; 25b
- We are all going to weep, it’s just a matter of
- Jesus wants to flip our hearts to value what God values.
- Each of the blessings and and each of the woes have an implication for the present and and an implication for the future.
- Jesus is inviting His listeners to have a bigger view than just Israel
- God’s Kingdom is anywhere that God is King!
- We serve a God who is grieved by sin.
- Escapism: avoiding reality.
Broken heart: commitment to reality
- You are blessed when your heart breaks for what breaks God’s
- DANGEROUS PRAYER: “Break my heart”
- Let your compassion drive you to action!
What breaks your heart and what are you going to do about it?
Supporting Scripture: Ezekiel 6:9-10; Luke 19:41; Ephesians 4:30; Matthew 9:35-38; Isaiah 61:1-3; Genesis 3; Revelation 21-22
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- What’s something new you learned from today’s message?
- Why is a Kingdom mindset so important when reading the Beatitudes?
- Do you find yourself seeking escapism?
- God grieves for sin and brokenness. Why is that important?
- How should we respond to the brokenness we see in the world? What would it look like for you to lean in instead of trying to escape?
- The Dangerous prayer: Have you ever asked God to break your heart?
- What makes you weep? What makes you pound the table?
- What would it look like to let your compassion drive you to action? What could God be asking you to do?