Be Clean - Week Three (Avon Lake Campus)
Into the Deep
- “If you are willing, you can make me clean.”
- The man knew that Jesus could, so he asked if Jesus was willing
- The focus was on being made ceremonially
- Jesus touched the leper: a move of both compassion and authority
- We are the leper
- Jesus offers cleansing and restoration for the spiritual outcast
What did you learn?
What are you going to do about it?
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- What stood out from the message?
- What did the leper do when he saw Jesus?
- What is the significance of cleansing vs healing?
- Why did Jesus touch the leper? Why is that important?
- How are we like the leper? What does this story mean for us?
- How should the fact that Jesus saved us(outcasts) change how we interact with “outcasts” in our society?
- What steps are you going to take to care for the lost, broken, marginalized, and hurting in your context?
- What’s your game plan?
Leviticus 13:45-46; Genesis 3:22-24; Romans 5:8-10; 2 Corinthians 5:21