Anointed by the Spirit - Week Four
Learning to Breathe
“Anointed by the Spirit”
Every true Christian has been anointed by the Holy Spirit and set apart by God.
What does anointing mean?
- Physically, anointing in the Bible was a ceremonial act of applying olive oil on a person symbolizing being set apart by God.
- Spiritually, anointing refers to a particular work of the Holy Spirit in a person’s life.
The anointing of the Holy Spirit is to:
- Receive God’s power
- Represent God’s presence
- Respond to God’s promptings
- Realize God’s purposes
How do I “live in the anointing”?
Live surrendered to the Holy Spirit: practice spiritual breathing.
- Breathe in His presence and power.
- Breathe out any spiritual toxins.
- Be aware and attentive to His leading.