LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Did your mother have some favorite sayings as you were growing up? What is the wisest thing you remember your mother saying?
- What are some pitfalls we can fall into when we see our identity as any thing other than “the Lord’s servant”?
- Why does identity precede purpose? Could it be the other way around?
- Which of the 3 “living surrendered” statements in point 2 is the hardest for you to believe/live out?
- Give examples of what it might look like to “spurn God’s grace” and then what it might look like to try to “earn God’s grace.”
- When you drift away from fully living in the grace of God, do you tend to drift towards “spurning God’s grace” or attempts at “earning God’s grace”?
Backstage Pass: An Inside Look at the Mother of Jesus
“Wise Words from a Great Mother”
Mary’s words of wisdom:
1. I am the Lord’s servant.
When I know I am the Lord’s servant, my identity is clear.
When I know my identity, my purpose becomes clear.
When I know my purpose, my priorities become clear.
2. I will live surrendered.
I am trusting our sovereign God who is perfect in all His ways.
I am trusting our faithful God who redeems whatever He allows.
I am trusting our loving God who is working in my life.
3. I have been graced by God.
I receive the grace of God.
I will live in the grace of God.
I surrender to the grace of God.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered