LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Which group are you in this Christmas?
a. Going home for Christmas.
b. Staying home for Christmas.
c. Leaving home for Christmas.
2. Hardly anybody recognizes they are homesick for God, that the deepest yearning of their heart is actually for God. So, instead, what do people typically interpret that longing for that they feel in their heart?
3. John 14 opens with Jesus telling the disciples not to be troubled. Review from Chapter 13 the kinds of things that have just happened that might cause the disciples to feel troubled. (There’s at least 5 reasons.)
4. What kind of trouble are you feeling these days? What’s causing it?
5. What is Jesus telling the disciples to believe in in v. 1? How will that help them deal with what they are feeling?
6. How does the future hope of heaven encourage you as you go through times of trial and difficulty?
7. If this world is not our home, how should that affect the way we live? Be specific.
8. Make a list as a LifeGroup of people you can invite to Christmas Eve services this year. Pray for them by name each week as a group and invite them to one of our Christmas Eve services.
Home for Christmas
“Where are you going this Christmas?”
1. We have troubles because we’re not home yet.
We are homesick for God.
Homelessness fosters hopelessness; home brings hope.
The hope for home is the longing to belong.
2. Jesus came to rescue us from Trouble and bring us home.
God is homesick for us.
Jesus leaving his home
to come to our home
to bring us home to the Father.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God