LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
1. Think back over your life. Do you have a story of when fear seized you? Perhaps it’s funny, sad, or even scary. What were the circumstances?
2. Why is fear so powerful?
3. Do you see any evidence where fear is imprisoning, poisoning or destroying you and relationships you’re in?
4. How does fear perpetuate broken relationships?
5. Read Romans 5:1-2. What is the relationship between the cross and peace?
6. Who do you need to forgive?
7. How can you offer grace and peace to the people you relate to each day?
“When Jesus Breathes”
When fear seizes you:
- It imprisons you
- It controls you
- It poisons you
- It destroys you
When Jesus comes to you:
- He gives you peace
- He gives you grace
- He gives you the Holy Spirit
When Jesus breathes on you:
- He fills you
- He gives you life
- He empowers you
- He sends you
Jesus sends us to be grace givers and peacemakers in the power of the Spirit.
When you feel fear, just breathe.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristics: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered