LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Read John 1:35-46. Have you ever invited someone to “come and see” something you found exciting or meaningful? What was it?
- Read vv. 41-42. Andrew was the first person to “bring” someone to Jesus. Who have you
invited to “come and see” what Jesus is all about? Who could you invite?
- Read 1 John 2:6. We talk about being ‘in’ a bad mood or ‘in’ trouble. What does it mean to live ‘in’ him (Jesus)?
- In that same verse John states we MUST live as Jesus did (NIV). Is this possible? Explain your answer.
- Did you take the Next Step Survey? What did you learn? Do you have any questions? (If
most of the people in your group did not take it, take 5 minutes to take it right now. Yes,
you can take it in 5 minutes.) Based on the survey, what is your next step? (It could be
based on your lowest score or an area in which you feel especially drawn to grow.)
- Note to group: We all want to grow or we wouldn’t be in this LifeGroup. Let’s all agree to hold each other accountable and ask each other next week how we did on making progress in taking our next step. Agreed?
Decade of Discipleship
“What’s Your Next Step?”
John 1:35-46, 1 John 2:6, Gal. 5:25, 2 Peter 3:18, Col. 2:6-7
Your next step depends on where you are right now and your willingness to cooperate with the
Steps for Exploring Christ
Hear about Jesus: Come to church each week
Read about Jesus: Start reading the Gospels
Believe Jesus: Surrender your life to Christ
Obey Jesus: Discover Discipleship: Follow Jesus to learn from Jesus, to become more like
The best way to explore Jesus is to follow Jesus.
Steps for Growing in Christ (Becoming more like Jesus)
Devote yourself to God’s Word
Do Daily Devotions
Come to Weekly Worship
Obey the Word
Deepen your roots through LifeGroups
Do ministry as a lifestyle
Take the Next Step Survey
Join or lead a Discipleship Intensive Group (DIG)
Develop your understanding through classes
We grow in Christ so we can become more like Christ.
As we keep in step with the Spirit, He will lead us to follow Jesus and make us more like Jesus.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God