LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to our Life
1. Have you ever gotten a backstage pass to a concert or an event of a big time performer? Tell your group about what the event was and what it was like to be backstage.
2. It seems that Jesus wants his disciples to overhear this prayer. How does this fit with what Jesus said in Matthew 6:5-6 about not praying in order to be heard by others?
3. Which phrase(s) best describe(s) your prayer life, not what you think it should be, but what it actually is these days?
b. Only when I’m in trouble
c. Spotty and inconsistent
d. Like talking with my best friend
e. Keeping a ritual
f. Warm and intimate
g. Awkward and fearful
h. Ongoing conversation
i. Respectful but distant
j. Insightful and valuable
k. Boring and sleepy
4. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most intimate, how well would you say you know God? What do base your number on?
5. What activities are you doing to help you know God better? Which ones work the best for you?
6. Who are you helping know God?
Backstage Pass: An Inside Look at the Greatest Prayer Ever Prayed
“What Jesus Cared Most About”
Jesus’ prayer gives us an inside look at:
1. His connection with the Father
- How he addressed the Father
- His desire to bring glory to the Father
- His longing to be with the Father
2. His purpose in the world
- That God might be glorified
- That people might have eternal life
- That people might know God
3. Our purpose in the world
- To become more like Christ
- To glorify God
- To help people know God
Seeing and Reaching our Neighbors
Pray for them; Listen to them
Helped by the Holy Spirit