It’s All About Jesus
“Welcome to the Family”
1 John 1:1-4
1. We want you to know the truth about Jesus
Jesus is real, not a made-up story
We saw him, heard him, touched him
Jesus is human, not just divine
He knows what and how we feel
Jesus is divine, not just human
He has always existed as God
He makes life worth living
He alone can save us
2. We want you to know the joy of Family
Church is the Family of God
Loved by the Father; saved by the Son
Church is supportive relationships
We are the “Body of Christ”
Church is all about Jesus
What’s your next step?
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Have you ever been called upon to describe something you experienced as an “eyewitness”? Explain.
- Why is it important to know the truth about Jesus? Why can’t everyone have their “own truth” about Jesus?
- Why is it necessary to believe that Jesus was fully God AND fully man?
- Everybody roots their “identity” in something. Some people find their identity in what they accomplish, others in how much they have, still others in what people think about them. How do all of these fall short of the power and significance of finding our identity in being loved by the Father. (Read 1 John 3:1) What are you tempted to “find your identity” in?
- In the sermon, Pastor Jim said “The church is a group of imperfect people who are related to each other because they share the same Father and whose lives are to be centered around Jesus.” What are other ways people tend to view the church?
- If the church is people, then what can you personally do to help people see that the church is all about Jesus?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People