LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Tell your group of a time when something that first looked like a bad thing actually turned out to be a good thing.
- Which comes first: the truth about God or the truth about us? Why?
- Read Romans 8:5-8. Discuss what Paul means by “the mind governed by the flesh” and “the mind governed by the Spirit.” If anyone has The Message Bible, reading it might help. (You can get it by going to BibleGateway.com.)
- How do you live that out practically in your day to day life?
- Is there any area of your life where you are currently not feeling peace?
- Close your group by praying for each other, asking God by His Spirit to fill one another with His peace.
Unshakable peace often comes in an unexpected way.
When you go through hard times, Jesus calls you to:
1. Remember the promise of His Spirit
He convicts the world
Before we can experience God’s peace, He must deal with our sin.
Before there can be peace, there first must be grace.
He guides us into truth
The truth about God
The truth about us
He gives us peace
The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Peace.
2. Receive the gift of His peace
Not absence of problems, but in spite of our problems.
Peace is God’s presence overruling your problems.
Not based on the situation, but based on the Spirit.
The Holy Spirit breathes God’s peace.
Not once and for all, but moment by moment.
We receive God’s peace as we breathe in God’s Spirit.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God