LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Part of Jacob blessing his sons was passing on the family heritage. If you could only pass one item of yours down to the next generation, what would it be and why?
2. Read Gen. 49. What do Jacob’s words to his sons teach you about consequences?
3. Every generation has the opportunity to pass down certain traits and end others; what family traits do you want to make sure continue? What ones do you want to end?
4. What are some seen and unseen ways your father blessed you?
5. Why are unseen acts of blessing not enough in and of themselves?
6. If God has blessed you to be a blessing, how are you living that out?
7. Give an example of giving or receiving a blessing that combined affirming words and appropriate touch. Who will you bless this week?
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
Fathers have been given unique power and responsibility to Bless.
Fathers who practice Blessing communicate:
Love and Acceptance
Affirmation and Value/Worth
Fathers who don’t practice Blessing create:
Confusion, Hurt and Anger
Emptiness, Detachment and Anger
4. Fathers who practice Blessing combine:
Seen Acts of Blessing:
Affirming Words and Appropriate Touch
Unseen Acts of Blessing:
Provision, Sacrifice, Prayer
If you have or had a father who practiced the Blessing, thank him today.
If not, know that your Heavenly Father has and continues to bless you with all you need.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People