LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Tell your group of a time when you were desperately trying to discover God’s will.
2. How does giving thanks help you become more God-oriented?
3. Pastor Jim said that “everybody is being ‘spiritually formed’ by something” meaning that what we see, hear, watch, read, etc. has a shaping, forming influence on us. How have you seen this work out in your life?
4. We looked back over the year and gave thanks for what God has been teaching us through His Word. As you do that, what stands out as the biggest thing God has taught you this past year?
5. After everyone in your group has shared from point 4, close your time together by spending some time thanking God for His Word and what you’ve learned this past year.
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
“Transformed for Good”
1. What is God’s will for me?
Give thanks in all circumstances.
2. How can I give thanks in THESE circumstances?
We give thanks because God is sovereign and God is good.
Giving thanks helps you become God-oriented.
3. How can I know the will of God?
You will discover the will of God as you are being transformed by God.
4. How can I be transformed?
God renews your mind through His Word.
God renews your mind through prayer.
God renews your mind through the Holy Spirit.
As you live connected to God through the Word and prayer, the Holy Spirit transforms you to become more like Christ, leading you in his perfect will.
God’s will is discovered by knowing Him, not visiting Him.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God