LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Opening prayer time – begin with a few minutes of silence for each person to listen to God and invite Him into this moment, then open in prayer.
- Describe a person in your life that lived out one or more of the attributes of Jesus found in the CHRIST acronym.
- Share your ME acronym with the group (the initial one) – what characteristics are you happy with and which make you sad, why?
- Col 2:9-10: “9 For in him (Jesus) the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.” What was revealed in Jesus’ life? With what have we been filled?
- Why do we resist the need to look at Jesus’ character and allow it to shape and change us?
- Pick a characteristic from the CHRIST acronym that you wish to grow in – how can your life group pray for and support you in your growth?
- Share your “Renewed ME acronym with the group – what makes you excited about this renewed version?
- Close your time praying for one another as you move forward in becoming more like Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit and for the glory of God the Father!
Disciple: The Way of Discipleship – Become 1
Mark 1:17; Luke 6:40; Ephesians 4:15
Mark 1:17 –
NIV “Follow me and I will send you out to fish for people”
ESV “Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men.”
The ME acronym:
The CHRIST acronym:
What does it look like to love God?
- Connected to God through the Word & Prayer
- Heart of Worship
What does it look like to love people?
- Relates with Other-Centered Love
- Intentional Evangelism
What does it look like to live surrendered?
- Spirit-Led Servant
- Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources
The renewed ME acronym:
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Loving God, Loving People, Living Surrendered