LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- What is the worst “fine print” experience you ever had?
- Name a person or small group of people from any time period who helped change the world. How did they do so? What were they up against?
- Why does Jesus say that holiness is so essential for our lives?
- On a scale of 1-5 how serious do you take your pursuit of holiness?
- Truth seems to be under attack today. How can you be sure that you don’t believe lies or half-truths about God, you, this world, etc.?
- What do you do when it’s clear the Bible is saying one thing, but you feel like going in a different direction? We all sin, but isn’t this active rebellion? How does rebellion fit in with holiness?
- How would you describe the adventure of becoming like Christ? Is it an adventure for you, or a burden? Is it boring? Impossible? Is it a life-giving journey?
- What are the roadblocks that keep you from living as one who is sent out by God? (selfishness, seeking power, seeking comfort, seeking approval, etc.)
- Pick one of those roadblocks and make a plan to navigate around it this week. Live sent!
The Fine Print of Being Saved
What have you gotten yourself into?
You are here for salvation and it means you’re saved from sin
Truth holds the words of life
Truth cleanses us
Truth is in opposition to the world
You are here to be sent out and it means you can’t stay where you are
Truth came for us
Truth is not optional
Truth leads us to action
The “fine print”…You are becoming like Christ to be sent out by Christ
CORE CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/ Intentional Evangelism