LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Your Life
- When did you first “discover discipleship”? Was it at the same time you got saved or some time later? If later, how much later? and how did you discover it?
- What is your biggest hindrance in DEVOTING yourself to the word of God? If you’ve gone through periods of devotion to the Word in the past, what was that like? How do you plug back in to the Word of God? If you’ve never done that, what would be a good next step?
- We said in the sermon that these six components are not sequential. That doesn’t mean one of them can be skipped, it means that they don’t have to be done in order. Which of these six might you be tempted to say is not necessary? Why?
- Pick one of the six components of discipleship that you are most excited about and one that you feel just a little hesitant about and then explain your choices.
- Many Christians don’t think they’re able to serve and actually DO ministry. Is that you? Consider James
1:22. Have you been stagnant in doing and actually been unable to put your faith into practice?
- We can do several of the six components of discipleship at one time, but we can’t focus on all 6 at once,
so which component is going to be your focus for this next season of life?
“The Discipleship Process”
The discipleship process is the process of becoming…like Christ.
Real transformation is possible as we follow Jesus throughout the process of discipleship.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered