The Sacred Overlap
1 Thessalonians 2:1-7
Church (Ek-klesia) – “A gathering of disciples ‘called out from’ others for the purpose of making disciples.”
Dare to tell the gospel even in the face of strong opposition.
When telling the gospel don’t speak with:
Intent to mislead
Intent to please people
Intent to flatter
Intent to cover greed
Intent to gain praise
God has called us out so that we may dare to tell the gospel in the face of strong opposition to glorify God.
We need God if we are to ever live in the sacred overlap.
Are you willing to say “Here I am Lord, send me”?
Christ-like characteristics: Relates with other-centered love. Intentional evangelism. Spirit-led servant.
- What was your take away from the message today?
- Out of the seven things that Paul says they didn’t do, what is the hardest thing for you not to do?
- What is the hardest thing for you when it comes to daring to share the gospel?
- What area of your life needs “soap”?
- Are you willing to say “Here I am Lord, send me”?
Please explain your answer.
- Conclude group praying God would make V-town a place known where people say “Here I am Lord, send me”.