LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Do you believe we have an enemy who opposes God’s work and God’s will in our lives?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how awake and aware are you of the enemy’s schemes?
- Of the 5 primary schemes listed above, which one(s) has the enemy used the most to oppose your life of fruitfulness and faithfulness as a follower of Christ?
- Of the 5 primary schemes listed above, which one(s) is the enemy using right now to oppose your life of fruitfulness and faithfulness as a follower of Christ?
Staying Awake and Staying Aware
Two Spiritual Principles
- Opposition Before A Breakthrough AND kickback After A Breakthrough.
- Satan’s ultimate desire is to destroy us, he at least wants to neutralize us.
Knowing Our Opponent
2 Corinthians 2:11 Schemes – “noéma” = thoughts and purposes.
Ephesians 6:11 Schemes – “methodeia” = craftiness.
Five of Satan’s Primary Schemes
- Doubt (Genesis 3:1,4,5; Matt: 4:1-11)
- Accusation (Genesis 3:5; Rev. 12:10)
- Division (Isaiah 14:12; Lk 10:18; Rev. 9:1; 12:3-4)
- Distractions (Lk 4:11-15; Matt. 24:36-39)
- Deception (2 Cor. 4:4; John 8:44; Proverbs 14:12)
Distractions lead to drifting. Drifting leads to compromise.
Compromise can lead us anywhere, except anywhere we really want to go.
Core Christlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered