LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Since we all tend to be blind to our own hypocrisy, how can we guard against falling into empty religion?
What does it mean to be a lover of pleasure rather than a lover of God? Is it wrong to enjoy pleasurable things or experiences?
Of the specifics of evil empty religion, which of the 19 is the one that you need to be on the watch for the most? Which one is the least concerning for you? and why?
Since the Bible condemns self-love, how is it that it is so pervasive in the modern church? Is the opposite of self-love to dump on yourself? Why/why not?
How can you know whether to correct an erring Christian (2:24-26) or to avoid him (3:5)? When or should you break fellowship with someone (see 1 Cor. 5:9-13)?
Knowing that evil will be clear to all whom are christians what do we do to make sure it is clear to us?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic:
Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God
2 Timothy 3:1-9
We Need to Know About Evil, Empty Religion
1. The Season of Evil empty religion (3:1)
2. The Seriousness of Evil empty religion (3:1)
3. The Specifics of Evil empty religion (3:2-5)
4. The Sneak of Evil empty religion (3:6-7) 5. The Size of Evil empty religion (3:8-9)
6. The Substitute to Evil empty religion