LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Have you ever been doing something and thought or said “I was made for this”? If so, what were you doing? Explain why you felt like you were “made for this.” If not, why do think that is?
- We need a balance in our life of (a) serving others in need as a lifestyle, and (b) serving in the body of Christ (what we called Churchstyle.) Which one do you lean towards? Why do we need both? Which one do you need to improve?
- Do you know what your purpose in life is? If so, what is it? If not, what is your plan for finding out?
- Is it important to know what your spiritual gifts are? How does it help?
- What is the difference between “volunteerism” and biblical ministry?
- If you haven’t already, go to www.opendoor.tv/servantprofile/ and take the time to take the assessments and fill out the forms.
John 12:26, Eph. 2:10
1. We serve Jesus by serving those who are in need.
Jesus says when we serve others, we are serving Him.
We want to serve as a lifestyle and as a churchstyle
2. We serve Jesus by serving the body of Christ.
Each Christian is an artistic masterpiece of God.
Each Christian is a new creation in Christ.
Each Christian has a purpose given by God.
Saved to serve and shaped to serve.
Abilities (Natural abilities)
Experiences in life
3. When we serve according to our “SHAPE”:
We help others.
We help bring about a Servolution.
We find fulfillment.
We bring glory to God.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered