Life Group Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Name a time recently at work, home or play when you needed to re-group. What were the circumstances?
- What was the best sense of community you ever had (high school friends, college dorm, sports team, military, job, close family, Life Group, small church, etc.)? What was so great about it?
- Read Mark 3:13-14. Does it make a difference that the text says he called them “that they might be with him” instead of “that he might be with them”? Now read John 11:54 and Matthew 26:36-46. Isn’t it fascinating how much Jesus seemed to need and want community? What does that teach you about our need for community?
- Read Mark 3:14 again. If you could physically “be with” Jesus and do something together, what would you most like to do?
- Can you learn to love without actually loving someone? Why or why not?
- Jesus calls us each to take the next step with him. Have you taken the Next Step Survey? If not, you can access it at our website under the “Next Steps” tab at the top of the home page.
- Pray for each other in your group, asking God to fill each of you with His Holy Spirit to empower you to witness, love and serve.
Acts 1 & 2
Because Jesus calls us to community
Through His command
Through His example
Because we are made for community
We need each other
Isolation is a killer
Because the Spirit works in community
Through filling us with power
Power to witness
Power to love
Power to serve
Connects us to God
Connects us to each other
Through the Word
As we listen to the Word
As we discuss the Word
As we apply the Word
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People