LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Based on John 8:12, if you are not experiencing the abundant, fulfilling, purposeful light of life Jesus came to bring, what do you need to do?
- What does Jesus mean when he says “follow me”?
- In the sermon, we talked about two words for life: “bios,” which is physical, temporary life, and “zoe,” which is spiritual life, eternal life, real life. What are some of the ways our world tries to extract “zoe, real life” from “bios, temporary” life?
- Look up and then read the following verses one right after another, then try to summarize what John means by “life”: John 1:4, 3:15-16, 36; 4:14; 5:21, 26, 39-40; 6:40, 47, 53-54, 63, 68; 8:12;10:10; 11:25; 14:6; 17:2-3; 20:31.
- How have you tried to use Jesus to “improve your life” instead of surrendering to Him and receiving His life?
Light of the World
“Light That Brings Life”
Christmas is the story of Jesus bringing light and life to those living in darkness and death.
1. The life that Jesus gives is:
abundant and fulfilling
full of meaning and purpose
energizing and eternal
the ‘life’ of Jesus
2. The Light that brings life is:
Jesus didn’t come to improve our life, He came to give us new life.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God