It’s All About Jesus
“Lemons into Lettuce”
1 John 2:1-2
The greatest pain is born from the greatest love.
The power of love is embracing powerlessness.
Laws don’t change people. Love does.
Instead of spilling blood to get to God, God spilled His blood to get to us.
If you don’t let God transform your pain, you will transmit your pain.
Let us draw near to God. Let us hope in God. Let us spur one another to love God, love people and live surrendered.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- What are your first thoughts from Sundays Message? How did you hear from God?
- Read 2 Cor. 5:14-21. How has the awe inducing love of Jesus and his reconciliation compelled you to share his love with others?
- Read Hebrews 10:14-25. What sin or pain (either you’ve committed or has been committed against you) do you need to have confidence to draw near to God about? What is He saying?
- Jesus gave his life, his blood to reconcile you with God. Who have you not reconciled with? Why?
- Spend time discussing how your group can “spur one another” toward love and good deeds.
- Encourage each person specifically. How do you see Jesus in their life?
- Conclude your group by drawing near to God in prayer and celebrating the HOPE that He will finish the work he began in you. Transformation!
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-Led Servant/Living Surrendered