The Sacred Overlap
“It’s Good to see you”
1 Thessalonians 2:17-20
Believers love and long to see believers.
Intensely. Making every effort.
To convict. To encourage.
Obstacles are present:
Our mission in the sacred overlap is to seek and save the lost.
With His Spirit. With His eyes.
Followers of Jesus follow Jesus.
Christlike characteristic: Relates with other-centered love.
- Icebreaker: What is one hassle that you’re happy technology has removed?
- How are our relationships with other believers similar to and different from our relationships with non-believing friends, neighbors, and family members?
- What does it mean to make “every effort” to be with believers?
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25.
According to these verses, what should we do when we meet together with other believers?
- What obstacles have you encountered recently that have hindered you from enjoying the community of the church?
How can we overcome these obstacles as they arise?
- Have you experienced the “Spirit” and the “eyes” of Jesus pulling you toward others?
Share the story!
- It can be hard to know where to begin when it comes to talking to other people about Jesus.
An easy way to start is to just ask, “What has God been doing in your life recently,” and see where it goes!
As you come to the end of your group time, consider practicing this kind of conversation one on one, making an effort to encourage one another as you share.