LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Have you ever “jumped the fence” to get in some place you weren’t supposed to be?
- This allegory Jesus gives in John 10 is in direct response to the religious leaders who threw out the man who had been healed by Jesus in John 9 because he listened to and believed in Jesus. What does Jesus call these leaders? (vv. 1,8,10) Why such strong language? How aware/careful are you about listening to/following false teachers?
- Many people trust Jesus for salvation but look elsewhere for “a fulfilled life.” Why do you think this is?
- What is the connection between “the fulfilled, abundant life” of v. 10 and “knowing His voice” in v. 4?
- Read vv. 3-4. How do you personally “listen for” or “listen to” the voice of Jesus?
- How well do you know the voice of Jesus?
- What can you do to improve your ability to hear and recognize His voice?
When Jesus Says I Am
When Jesus Says “I Am The Gate”
He is revealing He is the only way
to the Father
to abundant life
He is extending an invitation
to receive salvation
to be in relationship
He is offering intimacy in relationship
where we learn to know His voice
where our deepest needs are met
where He gives abundant life
Revelation is an invitation to intimacy.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word & Prayer/Loving God