LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- If you had to pick one animal to best describe you, what would it be?
- How much do you know about sheep? How do you feel about Jesus calling us sheep?
- Do you really believe the Lord always does what is best for you? How does that affect you when hard times come?
- If you said “yes” to the above question, when do you doubt your answer?
- John 10 shows that the Shepherd “protects, knows, leads, and loves” the sheep. Which of these is most meaningful to you?
- Read Psalm 23. What does the Shepherd do for the sheep? How has the Lord done this for you?
When Jesus Says I Am
“I Am the Good Shepherd”
Revelation is an invitation to intimacy.
When Jesus says “I Am the Good Shepherd”:
He reveals the nature of His character
He is good
He always does what is best for you.
Invitation Question: Will you trust Jesus?
He reveals the purpose of His role
He is the Shepherd
He protects, knows, leads, and loves
Invitation Question: Will you listen, obey, and follow Jesus?
He reveals the depth of His love
He lays down His life for us
The Good Shepherd is the Great I AM: Humility and Majesty
Invitation Question: Will you surrender to Jesus?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word & Prayer/Loving God