LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- If you haven’t shared your story with your LifeGroup before, take 3 minutes or less and share the highlights of your story with them.
- Everybody go around the group and share something about yourself that you’re pretty sure they’ve never heard before.
- Share an unexpected hurt or an unexpected joy that you’ve experienced.
- As a group, do a search on the word hope in your Bibles – share what you learn and which verses mean the most to you.
- We said in the sermon that “Jesus will let false hopes die so that he can give us living hope.” Can you give an example from your life of how that played out?
- Why is idolatry such a heinous sin to God? Is there one idol or inferior hope that you feel God is calling you to smash into pieces? Share it with your group and ask them to pray for you to have the strength to get rid of it.
“Hope is Alive”
1 Peter 1:3
1. Everybody has a story.
You and I have a story.
Jesus has a story.
Peter has a story.
2. Everybody’s stories are full of:
hope and hurt
joy and grief
Jesus will let our false hopes die so he can give us living hope.
3. Everybody’s stories need:
Jesus wants to write a new chapter in your story.
Jesus wants to give you living hope, unstoppable hope!