LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- As a group, name some of the common misconceptions and misuses of the Bible.
- How have you used the Bible more like a crystal ball or magic book instead of for its primary purpose?
- Practice doing the Triple A’s (Ask, Analyze, Apply) together on Acts 17:10-12.
- Pray for each other based on how each of you applied what you learned in Acts 17:10-12 using the SPACE acronym.
“How does the Holy Spirit help me understand the Bible?”
John 16:13; 14:26
The Holy Spirit inspired, illuminates and helps us interpret the Bible.
1. Ask (What does it say?)
a. Ask the Holy Spirit for help
b. Ask the questions:
Who, What, Where, When, Why, How?
What is the Context? Are there Contrasts?
2. Analyze (What does it mean?)
a. Analyze the text
b. Let the text analyze you
3. Apply (How should I respond?)
Make SPACE for the Spirit to work in your life. Is there a:
Sin I need to confess
Promise for me to claim
Attitude I need to change
Command I need to obey
Example for me to follow
Read and study your Bible in conversation with the One who authored it.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God