LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Have you ever gotten into an argument about “the right way to worship?”
2. What happens when we define worship only as what happens on Sunday morning?
3. Have you ever left a “worship service” saying I didn’t get anything out of it? Why is that the wrong expectation?
4. Read the whole conversation between Jesus and the Samaritan woman in John 4:5-30. Why do you think the woman changed the conversation at v. 19?
5. What’s the biggest difference between worship that is dead and worship that is alive?
6. What places or situations are easiest for you to worship God?7. What places or situations are hardest for you to worship God? Why?
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
1. Worship is a Core Issue of Life
• Lesser vs. Greater
• False vs. True
• Dead vs. Alive
2. Worship that is Expired and Decaying
• Ignorant Worship
• Idolatrous Worship
• Insincere Worship
3. Worship that is In-Spired and Alive
• The Spirit inspires desire for God so you want to worship God.
• The Spirit illuminates the character of God so you know who God is.
• The Spirit interprets the words of God so you worship in truth.
Worship is the Spirit-led response to the greatness of God.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristics: Spirit-led Servant & Heart of Worship/Loving God