LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Why is it so important to people to be #1?
2. Read John 3:26 in the NLT. What is John’s disciples’ complaint and how does John’s statement in v. 27 correct it? Explain.
3. Think hard: What are the biggest things you’re afraid to lose?
4. When John the Baptist lost popularity to Jesus, he remembered God’s sovereignty. What is God’s sovereignty? How does knowing God loves me and nothing is out of his control change the way I feel when in a difficult season of life?
5. What did John mean by “He must become greater and I must become less”? In what area of your life do you most need to remember that HE>i?
6. People root their identity in many things besides Christ. What’s wrong with that?
7. Why is there no greater joy than losing ourselves in the greatness of Jesus?
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
How do you respond when it feels like you’re losing?
Jesus is > my circumstances.
Nothing can happen to me that is out of God’s control.
Jesus is > my possessions.
God has given us everything we have for His glory.
Jesus is > i.
There’s no source of identity > your relationship with Jesus.
Jesus is > all.
Because of His:
There’s no joy > losing myself in the greatness of Jesus.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered