LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1.What is your favorite edible food?
2. What activity are you most likely to be engaged in when you forget to eat?
3. How is it possible to hear the best preaching in the world and still be malnourished?
4. In what ways do you feed yourself from God’s word?
5. What’s the difference between “doing good deeds” and “doing God’s will and God’s work”?
6.What happens when we try to do “God’s will and God’s work” our way? Give examples.
7. What is the driving focus of your life?
Feel free to download the resources for this sermon:
1. Physical food and Spiritual food have power.
Food nourishes you.
Food helps you grow.
Food fuels you.
Food satisfies you.
A greater focus has the power to feed us.
2. Spiritual Food Groups:
Food Group 1: Hearing the Word of God taught.
Focus is on receiving.
Malnutrition warning: passive “feed me” mentality.
Greater focus: growing.
Food Group 2: Studying the Word for yourself
Focus is on learning.
Malnutrition warning: information doesn’t equal transformation.
Greater focus: knowing God.
Food Group 3: Doing God’s will/God’s work.
Focus is on God’s agenda.
Malnutrition warning: can’t do God’s will apart from God’s Word
Greater result: Christlikeness
There’s no satisfaction greater than doing God’s work God’s way.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God