Life Group questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Have you ever received an inheritance or an expensive gift? Tell us about it.
- How has the lie of not having enough (time, money, talent etc.) held you back (in the past or present) from walking in freedom?
- Reflect back on a parent or leader who was instrumental in helping you become like Jesus. What was their spiritual gift and how did God use it to reveal your true identity?
- What are some of the spiritual gifts God has given you? How did you discover them?
- How has using your gifts help shape your identity in Jesus?
- Are you currently serving at Open Door or elsewhere? If not, where is God leading you to plug in?
Freedom: Discovering Your Identity in Christ
“Gifted”- It’s pretty ‘iffy’
Freedom comes from releasing lies and holding truth
LIE- I’ll never have enough .
TRUTH- I am an heir .
I am set free from fear.
I am set free to follow.
LIE- I’ll never be good enough.
TRUTH- I am gifted.
I am set free from conforming.
I am set free to transform.
LIE- I’m not needed.
TRUTH- I am called.
I am set free from giving in.
I am set free to give out (SERVE).
Core CHRISTlike Characterictic: Spirit-led servant/Living Surrendered. Relates with other-centered love/Loving God