1 Thessalonians 3:1-10
“Getting Stronger in Faith”
We need to get stronger in our faith so we can:
- Endure disappointment and misunderstanding
- Persevere in trials
- Stand firm in persecution
- Fight against temptation
How to get stronger in faith (both for ourselves and others):
- Prepare for trouble and hardship
- Practice encouragement
- See trials as opportunities to trust
- Use the Word of God
- Pray: Ask God for strengthened faith
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer
- Icebreaker: Who is the strongest person you know?
What makes that person strong?
- What one word would you use to describe the strength of faith in America?
What word would you use to describe your own faith?
- How do you know when your faith has become weak?
- What does it mean to “strengthen yourself in the Lord” (1 Samuel 30:6; Psalm 42:5)?
- Read Luke 22:31-32.
Based on how Jesus responds to His disciple Peter, how do you think God responds to us when our faith is weak or failing?
- The trials that test our faith are the trials that can strengthen your faith.
What opportunities have you had in the last month to trust in God?
How did you respond to those difficulties and trials?
- Look back through the five applications under point two of the sermon outline.
Which one will help you respond to trials in the coming weeks?