LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- John 12:12-14 is a parade. What has been the most exciting (or favorite) parade you’ve ever been to?
- Contrast vv. 12-14 with v. 37. What happened?
- Is it right to invite people to trust in Christ so that He can solve their personal problems? Can you support your answer from the Bible?
- How would you describe the “message of Jesus”?
- How have you experienced disappointment with God? How did you deal with it? How was your disappointment due to a misunderstanding of who God is?
- Are there any areas of your life (serving, work, finances, relationships, goals, use of time, etc.) where you are in charge instead of Jesus the King? What specifically do you need to do to yield these areas to Him?
“Follow the (Servant) Leader”
1. Getting the message wrong:
• Jesus has come to save
• people like me
• from our problems
• and make us happy.
We have been saved to be successful.
Getting the message wrong will eventually lead us to stop following Jesus.
2. Getting the message right:
• Jesus is the King
• who has come to serve
• and save the world
• by dying for our sins, and
• modeling how we are to serve in His Kingdom.
We have been saved to serve.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristics: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered