LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. Describe the best meal you have ever eaten? How did it make you feel? 2. What is the Bible? How would you describe this famous book?
3. How might your experience of Bible reading be different if you were trying to make a meal of it instead of reading it for helpful or inspiring bits?
4. What sets the rhythms of your year, your life? How heavily is it shaped by things like school, work, holidays, paydays, vacations, department store sales? What would it look like to live life shaped by the rhythms of scripture, worship and community?
5. Do you ever get the sense that God is speaking to you in scripture? How do you respond?
6. As a lifegroup take a minute to pray and ask Him to speak to you through the scripture and read Psalm 119 together. You can read the whole thing or give sections to each person. At the end, allow time to talk about it.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic:
Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God
“Eat this Book”
God Commands us, just like he commanded Ezekiel to:
Receive the Word
Eat the Word
Meditate on the Word
Dedicate yourself to the Word
Obey the Word
Find Comfort in the Word
Speak the Word
Live the Word
EAT THIS BOOK
Stuff yourself / Savor the flavor / Speak about it