You can live wondering about the resurrection
- Wondering about whether it really happened
- Wondering about how it happened
- Wondering about what difference it makes
You can live in the wonder of the resurrection.
- Your relationships can be transformed.
- God’s resurrection power is at work in you.
- Your guilt and shame can be obliterated.
- You can face death without fear.
- Your life has purpose and meaning.
Living in the wonder of the resurrection is living in the wonder of the Resurrected One.
The more we trust Jesus, the more we will be captivated by the wonder of who He is.
LifeGroup Discussion/Study Questions
- Icebreaker: Take one minute and see who can find the funniest headline on google!
(Or, if the internet is not available, share a favorite or funny headline from memory.)
- What of the three points that Pastor Jim mentioned under point one do you find yourself wondering about the most?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:13-21, 58.
According to Paul, what kind of difference should the resurrection make in our lives?
- Has the knowledge of Jesus’ resurrection transformed you, or merely informed you?
What real difference has it made in your life?
- Is there a situation or an aspect of your life that needs to be transformed by the resurrection power of Jesus?
- Have you ever considered what you would do if you were in the shoes of the apostles, all but one of whom were tortured and killed for their faith in Jesus?
What would you want to tell yourself in that moment?
- To be “wonder-ful” is to inspire delight, pleasure, or admiration; to be extremely good.
Spend a few minutes making a list of things you find wonderful about Jesus and what He has done.
Then, as you close in prayer, begin by sharing your list with God, adoring Him for who He is and what He’s done.